Meet Sonja. Sonja is one of our Care Managers here at Community Vision.
Recently nominated for LASA’s Rising Star Award, Sonja, is a true blue Aussie with a passion for people and community.
We got to know Sonja a little better when she answered a few personal questions:
- What do you do at Community Vision?
- In what circumstances would a customer or other staff member come to you for something?
All service changes/ enquiries / incidents/ complaints/ supports and other requests
- What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
Self-confidence and time management
- What’s your go-to productivity trick?
I optimise outlook and prioritise its to do list
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I’m definitely a Night owl
- Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
Learning and development manager at a previous company, and currently direct Manager
- What behaviour or personality trait do you most attribute your success to, and why?
Optimism. I’ve just always been able to see the good in every situation
- How do you like to start your day?
Coffee in the sunshine
- How do you like to end your day?
Quiet, with a book or a movie
- What was your first job?
I used to take telephone orders in a takeaway shop
- What’s a mistake you made early on in your career, and what did you learn from it?
Didn’t take ownership of my professional development – learned to ask the hard questions and seek out mentors/training
- What led you to this career?
Lack of joy/ meaningfulness in previous industry
- What energizes you at work?
Wanting to do the best I can for clients
- What drains you at work?
There are never enough hours in the day
- What’s your biggest work pet peeve?
Hmm, not sure other than the AC sometimes in the office- I despise the cold
- What’s the biggest misconception people have about your position?
Understanding of what we actually do / how much work we put in to and do on a holistic level for our clients
- If you could add one thing to Community Vision office, what would it be?
A barista coffee machine – reach for the stars right?
- If you won the lottery tomorrow what would you do?
Hire a personal admin assistant (lol), and a holiday of course.