- What do you do at Community Vision?
I’m here to help our Aged Customers live their lives their way or otherwise known as the Aged Care Manager.
- In what circumstances would a customer or other staff member come to you for something?
Anything, from saying hello, a service request, sharing feedback, solving a problem, or sharing memories and celebrating lives.
- What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
Raising teenagers? On a more serious note, growing as a coach and mentor.
- What’s your go-to productivity trick?
Lists, lists, and more lists.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I can be both.
- Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
It would have to be Brene Brown and the power of vulnerability.
- What behaviour or personality trait do you most attribute your success to, and why?
Being genuine and seeing each individual as a unique being. I love getting to know other people and I am really interested in their stories.
- How do you like to start your day?
Without the alarm clock! I love starting my day with a family walk with our Labrador, Fin.
- How do you like to end your day?
Family, I end my day by having conversations with my family, and just hanging out with them, when the teenagers feel generous enough to their mum.
- What was your first job?
I was a check out cashier at my local supermarket, when I was a teenager.
- What’s a mistake you made early on in your career, and what did you learn from it?
Trying to finish everything immediately. I learnt to make lists (see above!)
- What led you to this career?
I fell into it accidentally but I have loved every minute of it since.
- What energizes you at work?
The same passion I see in other staff members, who truly want to make a meaningful difference.
- What drains you at work?
Can’t think of anything….well, maybe, the times leading up to an Audit, when everything has to be checked many many times.
- What’s one thing that surprised you about working at Community Vision?
The amount of creativity and innovation!
- What’s your biggest work pet peeve?
- What’s the biggest misconception people have about your position?
That I will have answers for everything.
- If you won the lottery tomorrow what would you do?
Make sure I am not dreaming first, and set up an animal refuge with my daughter.